| Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It has been forever since I last updated this. Most of you probably have already heard about my Murphy's Christmas. But for those of you that haven't here it is:
On my birthday, I woke up at 5am to unfamiliar male voices right outside my bedroom door. It didn't dawn on me that it could be robbers so I opened the door. It was a policeman and two paramedics. My mom had woke up shaking uncontrollably and freezing cold. They rushed her to the hospital. They sent her home saying it was the flu but after a couple hours sleep my mom was as hyper as she ever was. She believes it was a reaction to the new medicine she had taken. Then the next day my mom went to the basement in search of our christmas stockings to find the sewer had backed up into our house. We spent the better part of the day trying to salvage what we could. We lost several books, most of our picture frames, and stuffed animals. By the time we repacked or sent things to the outside we discovered another place where it was coming up. We got everything out of the way and we went to the movies while my dad waited for the plumber. The plumbers fixed the problem. We went to my grandparents for christmas and had lots of fun. Then the wednesday after christmas my dad went to check on the basement and discovered the sewer had backed up again. He had managed to find it out before it had much of a chance to spread. It started soaking a box of my stuffed animals but I got them out into a clean plastic bag before it could ruin any but it ruined a whole box of papers my dad was going to shred. He had the plumbers come and luckily they have a policy that if they have to come back for the same problem within thirty days it is free. They fixed it and so far we have had no problems. Then friday my mom and i went to cash her paychecks and go out to my favorite german town. The bank took her checks because their account was in the negative. She asked how could that be when my dad's paycheck should have been direct deposited the day before. We called my dad and he checked. It turned out his paycheck was sent to the house instead of direct deposited. He managed to get it into the bank before they closed for the holiday. but they could only touch a hundred dollars of it. I paid for our food and the groceries. Then my brother-in-law got his dates on when he goes to Iraq. He leaves for his last drills the last weeks fo may. Then he is home for two and a half days before leaving on June 1st for Camp pendleton in california. Thats two days before their first anniversary. Then he leaves from there on August 1st to Iraq. He won't be back in the states until May 2008. He will have his debriefing and psychological testing before he can come home June 1, 2008. That's two days before their second anniversary. Good news is I have a temporary job as the church secretary until at least March. I don't know how much I get paid but my grandpa figures that out and my uncle writes the check. And money is money and anything is better than nothing. I also have my grandparents promise they will pay for and take me to get my driver's license when I have finished studying for the tests. At a college up here where my dad teaches they have a program for college graduates who want to teach elementary or secondary school to get certified. I think I am going to do that while I wait to see if I have to move in with my sister or if I can get my GRE taken and apply for grad school. Hopefully things will work out soon.



[[ 12:57 PM ]]

i love hamsters`

Comments: Post a Comment

name
age
school
class
born

gbook
email
links
links
links
links
links
links
links
links

design

INSERT
TAGBOARD
HERE a href="http://www.haloscan.com/">Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com